Friday, October 16, 2015

the heart of darkness less traveled

aka, second fabric from the ashford loom

I'm experimenting with the camera and the loom. :)

The yarn is acrylic that I gathered and / or received from various places. I'm not nuts about the color scheme, but I really need to experiment and this was a nice cost effective way.

The size is ~30" x ~68". As you can see, like the "heart of darkness", I've made this a sort of sampler.This one I think of "the heart of darkness less traveled". Partly because I used some of the same yarns from "heart of darkness" and partly because I don't know why.

I love leno and plan to make a curtain this winter using natural and off white colors.

The warp is acrylic crochet thread in a size 5. I didn't even know they made crochet thread in acrylic. That will teach me to assume things! It wasn't bad, though.

heart of darkness less traveled

heart of darkness less traveled

heart of darkness less traveled

heart of darkness less traveled

heart of darkness less traveled

heart of darkness less traveled

heart of darkness less traveled

No comments:

Post a Comment

just a minute