Tuesday, October 06, 2015

plain weave on the new loom

The yarn is KFI Koala and is a blend of cotton, bamboo, linen & silk. I used the 7.5 dent reed for this and got a nice loose weave. I should have warped it longer. It's only 47" long. But it's nice and wide at 20".

The yarn is variegated at regular intervals so the scarf has a bit of a pattern.

This loom was so nice to warp. It's always true what they say about better equipment.

I really enjoyed this project. The new loom is so much easier to warp.

It’s a loose weave and very soft.

I plan on weaving many more projects in the near future.

Ultimately I want to weave tea towels with double heddles using 8/2 cotton. I’d like to try 16/2 cotton when I’ve got more experience.


plainweave on the new loom

plainweave on the new loom

plainweave on the new loom

plainweave on the new loom

plainweave on the new loom

plainweave on the new loom

plainweave on the new loom

plainweave on the new loom

No comments:

Post a Comment

just a minute