Sunday, May 11, 2014

weaving

warping the loom
I've had this loom for almost a lifetime and have never finished anything with it. I also didn't have the instructions so warping was tricky. I warped this with Aunt Lydia's Crochet Cotton Classic Value Size 3, Natural. This thread is smooth and a little 'slippy'. I used it because I wanted a little finer of a weave. The weft is Lily Sugar and Cream cotton yarn in Butter Cream.
warping the loom

This part is fun, easy and fast. There are patterns and such, but as you can see, I'm a complete beginner. :)
weaving

finished
It's too short to use as a scarf. We didn't make the warp long enough, I guess. But it will make a nice scarf for a dresser or table.
the finished product



I used an Ashford loom video on youtube to help figure it out and my husband was a great help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

just a minute