Friday, October 19, 2012

mini burlap & linen sketch/stitch book

It's only 3½" square. The cover is burlap ,the interior is linen. This set shows my experiments with this fabric sketchbook. It doesn't have to be used only for stitching.

bullion knot tree & pumpkins stitched on burlap
mini burlap & linen sketchbook cover with tree & pumpkins

wormy looking leaves :)
bullion knot pumpkins bullion knot leaves - close up

fabric paint directly on the linen



fabric paint directly on the linen
I have love/hate with fabric paint. I don't know if I even want to get used to it.




french knots on linen



french knots on linen
I love french knots. It's a bit tricky on something this small that isn't in a hoop, especially when doing the edges. Plus I'm a novice.




stamp directly on the linen



stamp directly on the linen
The ink pads are just cheap ones from joann.





TerraSkin paper pasted to linen



TerraSkin paper pasted to linen
Badly done, fast sketch on TerraSkin paper, the sketch kept rubbing and smearing so I decided to ruin it with ink.




french knot spider




french knot spider
black walnut ink tinted linen, white embroidery floss




quick ink sketch over gesso




quick ink sketch over gesso





tinted gesso on linen 'pages'



tinted gesso on linen 'pages'
Obviously this can't be stretched, but it's doable.





mini burlap & linen sketchbook


back cover

8 comments:

  1. amazing post :)
    I love it!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That;s really good - well done! I esp. love the tree design on the cover.

    We all get blog comment spammers from time to time. They leave a stack of ads on old posts then clear off. Just delete them. You're right though, no-one sees their spams, so I really wander why they do it! I have all comments e-mailed to me at once, so any of these types get subjected to the delete far too fast for any of them to be seen.=)

    Thanks for signing up to follow my blog, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, it's a fun experiment to be sure.

    Well, this particular spammer was just funny is all. I've never had one that didn't have a clue like this woman. :) I couldn't resist commenting to see if she noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fabulous. And what a great gift idea...you are quite the novice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely statement of you...thank you for sharing your inspirations it gave me such a smile...and a few ideas...ha ha ha.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete

just a minute