Friday, August 03, 2012

last batches of soap

my last batches of soap - paled rosemary, lavender, peppermint (top) and grapefruit

I don't know if I will ever make more soap. My blender died after 5 years and I am selling my essential oils (local buyers).

But I think I will keep my molds. I may not like supermarket soap after all this time. And to be honest, I may not like other handmade soap, either. :)

I like my 50% olive oil, rustic shapes, pale color and single note scents. I also like not having added color.

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. - Oscar Wilde

And soap is a simple pleasure, isn't it? It's just used for cleansing - no matter how much essential oil scent, color, fragrance oil, expensive base oils or dye you put into it - it is just soap.

It is lovely in it's simplicity of ingredients and it's ease of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

just a minute