Sunday, June 05, 2011

gelatin monoprint

I've been wanting to do this for a long time. Comfortable Shoes Studio had a great post (thanks!) that gave me the push I needed.

Plexiglass intaglio -

1st print - You can see I didn't clean the plate off well. I scratched the plexi with an old xacto knife. The ink, of course, was drying too fast as I didn't use/have any retarder. I do kind of like the "holey" look of the pear.
gelatin monoprint

later prints: I used acrylic paint mixed with gel medium for this one. I like the way it is more saturated in some places. The second one is the ghost of the previous one.
gelatin monoprint gelatin monoprint - ghost

Next I want to try some resist and actual painting/sketching into the paint on the gelatin.

2 comments:

  1. These are great. I still have some boxes of Knox in the cupboard from when a friend was turning me on to her gelatin printing addiction a while back. This makes me want to start boiling up the water! Interesting link, too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! I plan on doing more this week once I'm all unpacked and "back to normal" from our little vacation.

    ReplyDelete

just a minute