Tuesday, July 27, 2010

cucumbers, peppers & Irish soda bread

cool cucumber



This is a very simple cucumber salad with dill & white wine vinegar. The cucumbers and dill are from my garden, the white wine vinegar is an Italian import. This is perfect for hot summer days or served next to a spicy dish.





The peppers were grown from seeds purchased from Totally Tomatoes

cayenne pepper




Cayenne peppers are my favorite hot pepper. They are mild compared to most hot peppers and that suits my cooking. :)






nosegay peppers



These are so cute and pretty. I haven't used any yet, this is my first year planting them. They will mature to red.







tiny pepper plant blossoms




These are from a hot pepper mix blend. They are tiny, only about 3-inches (7.6cm) tall. But that's probably caused by the small pot I have them in.





And lastly, the Irish Soda Bread
irish soda bread
This was a completely different and method for me. I guess it will take a couple (at least) of tries to get a good one. :)

Recipe from here: Peter's Mum's Soda Bread Recipe (great videos, btw)

A couple of things I do know, I cut the cross way too deep and it needed to bake longer.

I put it back in the oven and it finished baking. It tastes good. I like it. It's not like anything I've made before, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

just a minute