Friday, June 25, 2010

two for one post - two new books

bookbinding - leaf paper, silk, stab binding
I love stab bindings. This would be a good photo album for small photographs, say 5" x 7" or smaller.

The front cover is handmade leaf paper covered with silk. The silk covering is barely noticeable. But it lightens the paper and has a very nice texture. The back cover and inside both covers is handmade paper from papermojo.com. The paper inside is handmade by various etsy craftsmen.

front stab binding handmade paper

bookbinding - hand dyed fabric, square coptic book

This gorgeous fabric is from JacksonFabricArts.

The paper is recycled strathmore drawing paper. (recycled by strathmore, not me)

The dimensions are 4¼" x 4¼" x 1½". (10.8cm x 10.8cm x 3.8cm)

There are 272 pages (both sides), 17 signatures of 4 folded papers. I've been using extra signatures so I get more practice sewing. I believe I need to make fewer signatures that have more leaves. I think that would make for a neater look.

My stitching is finally improving.

hand dyed fabric spine, hand dyed fabric coptic book

Share edited to add share

No comments:

Post a Comment

just a minute