Thursday, June 10, 2010

little peachy felt book

I made this for my niece. Her favorite color right now is peach. I stiffened the felt with a 50/50 mix of white glue and water. I machine sewed the endpaper on in a serious of varying sized squares. I decided not to use the button. I didn't want to add another color.

I tinted the edges with ink and used natural color waxed thread.

The endpaper is handmade lace paper - light rain from papermojo.com

I wanted to use materials I had on hand. The ribbon is darker than I'd like. But it works well.

The dimensions are 5½ " x 3½ " x ¾" (14cm x 9cm x 2cm). There are 96 pages (both sides). The paper is a Strathmore drawing paper with a few rhodia graph papers inside.

cover closed and tied endpaper tinted paper edges longstitch
Share
edited to add share

No comments:

Post a Comment

just a minute