Thursday, May 27, 2010

distressed goldust

You can see that the fabric is loosely sewn around the board. That is one thing I like about it. You can see the distressed bookboard under the sheer fabric.

However, this book was one error after another: I shouldn't have sewn the endpaper on. I made a very bad job of binding. It got really hot this afternoon and I got drowsy. My mind kept wandering.
Also, while I love the scent of coffee, the coffee stained paper still smells really strongly of coffee. But not really in a good way.

I do like the sheer fabric over the distressed bookboard, the splashes of coffee stain, the wooden button and the ribbon closure.

Dimensions are approximately 8" x5" x 1" (13cm x 10cm x 2.5cm)

ribbon closure around wooden button front cover with thread
coffee stained ribbon closure
top and spine coffee stained

Share
edited to add share and book dimensions

2 comments:

just a minute