Friday, April 23, 2010

bookbinding - silk noil wheat paper [square]

This open spine square book is ~4" (10.16cm). There are eight signatures of two pages each. The fun thing about this book is that it is very light. It weights less than 4oz (~96gr).

The paper (three types) is wonderfully made with wheat straw & bamboo leaf, wheat straw and yellow gold wheat. It is handmade by etsy seller lot10paper.etsy.com It is a little thick and has a fantastic "crunchy" feel.

The silk noil is from dharmatradingcompany.com It has a lightly nubby feel, is a natural color and is beautiful as all silk is beautiful.

The closure is a stone button from madeforfun.etsy.com

front, button hemp rope closure fanned open

open top open spine

Share
edited to add share

2 comments:

  1. I adore this book you made! I'm just bought some fabulous paper in Thailand...comes in a roll like wallpaper. If I could have found a way I would have brought home many rolls....wonderfully twisted, rolled, bunched, scrunched paper. I may make a lampshade when I get home or maybe a book! What will you use this book for?
    xox
    nancyareid@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love paper. I'm thinking this book would make a nice photo album for little (2x2 or 3x3) pictures of flowers, plants, etc. But I haven't done anything with it yet.
    A lampshade sounds like a wonderful idea.
    Thank you. :)

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

just a minute