Tuesday, January 19, 2010

bookbinding - leather cover 3 section pamphlet stitch

This little notebook was made from a leather cover from an old book, mango leaf paper liner, strathmore cold press watercolor paper (90lb, 190gsm) signatures with mulberry stripe paper over 2nd signature, waxed thread, bead and ribbon closure, multi-section pamplet stitch from Keith A Smith's 1- 2- & 3-Section Sewing, Non-Adhesive Binding Volume B. Dimensions are 4¾" x 2¾" (12cm x 7cm)
ready to begin mango leaf paper liner finished front open top edge

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:43pm: edit to add image

5 comments:

  1. I don't suppose you've ever read The Princess Casamassima by Henry James? The main character (Hyacinth Robinson) was an expert book-binder.

    / off-topic

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't. I've never got past a few pages of Henry James. He's just not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read about ten James novels, but I agree completely. Unless you've the time to scan every sentence with a fine-tooth comb, he's intolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I didn't come across as a snob.
    It's just that I prefer more adventure and not so much description.

    ReplyDelete

just a minute