Saturday, May 31, 2008

two bookbinding experiments

100_3072
sculpey polymer clay book cover



This is something I have been wanting to try. I used Sculpey polymer clay to make the covers.
The clay wouldn't get as hard as it should have. It's still pliable.

The pages are mat board. This is a rough experiment at best I love things with textures and this certainly has that.

I had a couple swatches of curtain fabric, so I added them, too.






100_3087
100_3083




This one was quicker and easier than I expected.



I used construction paper and colored pencils.



Now I have that song "i can sing a rainbow" going through my head...

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for trying to be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually that was a mistake. I thought you were someone else who pops in unpleasantly once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the polmyer clay book cover. I've never worked with polmyer clay but have always wanted to. Very cool book and the other one is neat too! So colorful!!!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never worked with the clay either and I don't really like the feel of it. I guess I just need more experience at it.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! This is too cool Sparta! :) Very unique too!:) Are you going to sell them? I bet they would do great on Etsy ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I'll ever sell books. I'm enjoying it, but have such a long way to go. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

just a minute