Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Bread, 2, 3

I've been baking bread for two days. I haven't thought about good bread until my husband mentioned that he missed it. I also realized that I have been baking the same kinds of breads for years: french, italian country, 100% whole wheat, panetone (at Christmas), potato & the occasional breadsticks. I decided it would be a good time to try a new recipe or two or three.

The image above is bread dough after it's first rise.

The bread on the top left is absolutely delicious! It contains toasted pignoli, figs, oat bran and chickpea flour. I never would have guessed that figs & pignoli in bread would be so fabulous.
The bread on the top right contains four eggs, butter, whole wheat, 1/2 cup of honey and lemon peel. This was another pleasant surprise. How could I have been so narrow-minded all of these years?
The bottom one is too flat. It rose too long before I put it in the oven. I had started making the lemon bread and wasn't paying attention. This is a heavy bread with whole wheat flour and toasted walnuts.

So now I have six loaves of bread. Three will go in the freezer and the other three will be eaten and shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

just a minute