Sunday, May 27, 2007

about sparta soap

One of my favorite quotes from Oscar Wilde is:
" I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex. "



I am a minimalist by nature. This is reflected in my soap.

I use four oils, with the most predominant being olive, of course!

I use botanicals & clays for color in all but my absinthe soap. (top left)
The absinthe soap is colored with oxides so i could get the lovely chartreuse of real absinthe.

My soap colors are soft and muted. Botanicals I color with are indigo, alkanet & madder roots, parsley, green tea, alfalfa & annatto seed to name a few.

Examples of the clays I use are rose, white, french green and dead sea clay.
I scent most of my soap with essential oils. Our most popular soap is our caravan (right) which is scented with frankincense, myrrh & other oils.

I do occasionally use a synthetic fragrance, usually at my son's request.
He seems to favor "food" fragrances such as cappuccino or irish cream. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

just a minute