Sunday, October 16, 2016

weaving a cotton blanket

I am weaving a waffle weave cotton worsted weight blanket. The colors are white and cream. It's a loose weave.

I'm using a 5 dent reed. I like the simplicity and openness of it.

I used Peaches n Cream cotton yarn in cones.

I plan on adding binding to the top and bottom or maybe some crochet border. At first I was thinking of the satin binding you usually see on blankets, but now I'm thinking of using a regular cotton fabric.

This is woven on a 32" Ashford rigid heddle loom in plainweave. I'm weaving three separate panels and then sewing together. It will come together and possibly shrink a little once washed.

So far I'm very happy with it.

I want to work more with wool, but I do so love a cotton blanket.


cotton blanket

cotton blanket

cotton blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment

just a minute