Saturday, October 22, 2016

two finishes, handwoven blankets

cotton

I decided on a simple single crochet border in red rather than satin blanket binding.

I'm really pleased with this. It washed up beautifully.

The panel seams are not all that noticeable even though my weaving wasn't as uniform as it should have been.

I love a cotton blanket, but it is a bit heavy

I'm going to do more with wool in the near future.
hand woven cotton blanket


wool

I had a lapse in judgement and bought some yarn because it was a good price. I very rarely do that, I'm not sure why I did it this time. Most of it is wool and I don't have a wool throw. So I wove it all up into this weird throw.

Most of this yarn is bulky wool and some of it is mohair with metallic. I don't even like metallic most of the time. What was I thinking? I also have some roving leftover from when I made felted crochet hot pads.

If nothing else, I'm sure it will be very itchy! :) This is before wet finishing. I plan to full it quite a bit, because that will make it even weirder. haha!!

But in the end it was fun to weave. I did doubleweave, double width on an Ashford 32-inch rigid heddle loom with 2.5 dent heddles. And I really don't mind its looks.

wool (mostly) throw, woven

No comments:

Post a Comment

just a minute