Monday, October 26, 2015

weaving, crocheting for the kitchen

handwoven cotton tea towels:

There are a lot of imperfections, mistakes, miss-weavings and so on, but I'm thrilled with the result. I'm going to try some black and white stripes now.

This is using two 12.5 dent reeds so I will have 25 epi. It's still a little open, but it should close up once it's off the loom and washed.

I'm really excited by this, it's something I've wanted to do for years.

The yarn is 8/2 cotton in cream and red from thewoolery.com

handwoven cotton tea towel

handwoven cotton tea towel

Crochet:

I love pot holders. I love to make them as much as I love to look at them. these bobble stitches are fun.
I also love the bordered tea towels. I remember my grandmother having these.

pink & green and black & white woven tea towel, crochet bobble and border

pink & green crochet bobble and border

black & white woven tea towel, crochet bobble and border

No comments:

Post a Comment

just a minute